How to put in this flooring?

Sponsored Links
Went ok. The insulation underneath has disintegrated so used a few scraps. Does the carpet grip stuff go right on the edges?

They'd best get a new shower now

20201008_144359.jpg
20201008_145824.jpg
20201008_143908.jpg
20201008_144355.jpg
20201008_123829(0).jpg

Sponsored Links
20201008_115532.jpg
20201008_120021.jpg
I cut the bulk of the old flooring out with a circular saw, but obviously couldn't go right up to the end with skirting. Is all u can do is cut the end bit with a handsaw?

Regarding carpet gripper as I'm just taking the carpet up in a small corner then putting it back I'm responsible for putting it back. So I guess hammer it back into the far edge

Is all u can do is cut the end bit with a handsaw?

Get a Multicutter.

This sort of thing

ae235

https://www.screwfix.com/p/erbauer-emt300-qc-300w-electric-multi-tool-220-240v/622fx

The half-moon give the straightest cuts, but the "dagger" can go right into corners.

Find out where the pipes and cables are before you cut through them.

Saxton is a good source of spare blades. You will need them if you hit a nail.

The premium cutter brands try to bring out new designs that cheap blades won't fit.

Aldi and Lidl sometimes have cheap ones in their random special buys bins, and have a good refund policy if it goes wrong (important with cheap tools).

I use a Worx which was not expensive but has been fine.

if you are reflooring you will get much better results if you take off the skirting. In a modern house, fitting new is easy and cheap. In a period house, preserve the original carefully.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back