How to remove and replace this bit of piping!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's inside the controls for an inflatable spa. I want to remove that bit of piping and replace it with a longer one. My problem is the grey end bit is firmly wedged in- the pipe (which is 'aquarium hose' so has a bit of flex in it) has been stretched around the fitting to get a snug fit. Is it a question of immersing the end of the hose in very hot water to soften it? Thanks.

Attachments

• pipe.JPG
    pipe.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 164
Sponsored Links
Doesn't look like a serviceable part and is not designed to be modified, so your guess is as good as anybody else's on this one.
Try hot water or a hairdryer to soften it up and then you're going to have the same issue getting a new pipe back on it. And who knows what effect doing this will have on the product :eek:

Thanks. It's something most owners of this thing end up having to do because a non-return valve in the system fails. So what should be a 5p repair cost £200. So we buy an in-line NRV for £10, but to avoid stress on the spa wall, you need to elongate the other two pipes a bit.

We've got the same pump/ heater (LayZspa?).

Had to take the thing to bits from brand new as it was leaking internally.

What valve has packed up?, would be interested in seeing pictures when you've finished it.

Sponsored Links
The fact that there is a jubilee clip there would indicate that the pipe is flexible to a degree.....try boiling water poured on it and see if it softens.
Don't strain the other end of the pipe though - it seems to be a nylon item.
John :)

OK, I have managed to get the pipe off- but needless to say, it's impossible to put a replacement bit of pipe over the fitting- it won't physically stretch that wide! Am now on the look out for tubing with an external diameter of 19mm. Think I may have to cut the existing pipe, insert a length of the new, smaller pipe in and jubilee clip each end!

Keithmac, yes, LayzSpa. The small black NRV (black rubber disc) in the liner leaked, so water was running out from under the egg from the bubble air inlet valve, and basically draining the pool! I managed to replace the black disc but it still leaked, so now I'm putting a proper NRV in line with the air bubble inlet pipe to the spa liner. This means all the lines have to be lengthened!

Heat it gently with a blow torch... And if you think it can't be done... I do it to join 32mm or 40mm waste pipe together when I don't have a coupling ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back