How to remove this glass shade from pendant

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Is there any way to take off the glass shade of this pendant?
16196301618261750054616660740635.jpg

Thanks

Sponsored Links
either way The Wiring will need to be complete removed, might be best to disconnect it from the Rose and take it apart on a Table or work Bench

Sponsored Links
I essentially want to swap out the shade for another as I have chipped it!

Ok. You’ll have to remove the whole thing from the ceiling rose. So disconnect the black flex at the ceiling end.

Then loosen the screw at the top that clamps on to the flex. undo the three Hex screws on the side arms and you should turn be able to slide the glass shade snd the support arm up the flex.

Turn the power off at the consumer unit before you remove anything. It is highly likely there will be a live cable in the ceiling rose even with the light turned off at the wall.

I do not think the 3 screws do anything, i would say there is a 10mm threaded rod right through the lot, undo the screw clamping the flex and that copper bit may then unscrew, there may then be a 10mm nut under it too.

Similar to this
New_one_alleee.jpg

It didn't work :( undoing the 3 screws helped but the nut in the middle just would not budge. Will have to remove all 3 pendants now and find a replacement! Thanks for the help anyhow

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back