Damaged Ceiling Pendant?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I just replaced a light shade in one of my bedrooms. Unfortunately I was a bit heavy handed removing the old light shade (the pendant cable twisted a couple of times). After replacing the light shade the light is no longer working!

I tried the bulb in another room and it worked, confirming that the bulb was not faulty. I tried to move the bulb around hoping to make a connection but that didn't work either. I visually checked the wiring at the base of the pendant and pushed the cables, but this still doesn't work. What would be the next step, do I just need to purchase a new pendant or can I try something else?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Usually you can unscrew the back of the bulb holder with the circuit isolated. Then you can check the wire, should be a normal screw terminal

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back