How to remove tv aerial port

D

DIYHOW?!

View attachment 250673
Hey! I’m wanting to hide this aerial as it’s not in use. What is the easiest/ safest way to do this? The plug socket is also not in use so thinking of just covering with a blank plate? It’s right in the middle of the wall and I’m wanting to hang a picture above it which I suppose will also hide it but the aerial port casing is too chunky.

Thank you :)

Sponsored Links
A bit of a lash up but if you don't plan to use it again, take the socket off and cut it back as far as you can see. I don't think it should have been wired like that anyway - probably dangerous.

Edit: On second thoughts, does it come via the socket or is it under the wallpaper?

The feed for the socket could come from above so you need to make sure you don't whack the hook nail through the cable.

Sponsored Links
That looks like two cables coming on the surface, from below?
The TV one should contain no voltage worth worrying about, even if some kind of amp is somewhere in the system.
The mains may well be a diy Spur?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back