How to repair bulging laminate floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a conservatory with an interlocking laminate floor, measuring 3 x 3 metres. There is a bead around the floor plus 2 door thresholds.

The morons who installed the floor before did not leave room for expansion of the floor around the perimeter. Now the floor is bulging and lifting. Is there a way to repair this without having to remove the floor or all the beading around it?

The conservstory has been unheated for months so the floor mudt have absorbed a lot of moisture. I guess when it is fully heated it will shrink again but I need a solution now.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Run a dehumidifier (industrial) overnight and see if there is any difference, if yes your on the right track. But now for the big question, how would it become damp in the first place? ...pinenot :confused:

The beading should lift easily, and you should be able to cut the edge away with an inexpensive Multi Tool. Ideally the floor needs a 10mm gap all round, the chances of the floor receeding in the summer after such expansion, or being fitted 'net' is zero, it WILL need trimming.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back