How to repair this brick?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The bolt to the window security bars sinks into the brick in the picture but the hole in the brick has worn away and it's not a secure fit.

I think the brick runs under the patio door frame so it's probably not a good idea to try and remove the brick and replace it?

I was thinking it may be possible to fill the hole in the brick with cement and then re drill the hole. I could then paint the cement to match the colour of the brick.

Would this work? Any better suggestions?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Set a piece of tube in there rather than trying to drill it out after and either grout it with cement or use a resin.

Sponsored Links
my gate is similar but on the wall i have a flat metal plate with a hole in it for the bolt to go through into the brick, the fixings on the plate spread the load, its about 70mm x 70mm x 5mm and is a very neat finish

You could probably chem-fix a stud into the hole. That'll give you as good a fixing as you're ever going to get in those bricks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back