How to replace an old dual entry radiator with a towel rail that will heat a small bathroom.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have an old dual entry radiator (wedged half behind a sink unit) that I would like to replace with a decent towel rail (narrower so it doesn't extend behind the sink) that will have sufficient heat to warm my small bathroom when necessary. I'll most likely get a local tradesman in to do the job but would appreciate any advice as to what I should expect he/she will suggest. (I understand most modern towel rails are not dual entry and changing the width of any radiator may pose complications)

Thank you

C

Sponsored Links
Towel rails are exactly that, they heat towels, the wont heat the bathroom, you do get some hybrids that are half radiator half towel rail, but people put large towels on them and it defeats the point

As ianmcd says, as a rule of thumb, a 'towel warmer' will emit about one third of the heat emitted by a radiator of the same size. But that assumes it is uncovered. Once covered with fluffy insulating towels the heat output is reduced to not very much at all. 'Towel radiator' is really a bit of a misnomer, you will now often see them more appropriately referred to as 'towel warmers'

Sponsored Links
Ah OK....thanks for the advice. I'll stop pursuing that line of enquiry and but a proper towel rail and leave the radiator alone!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back