How to replace glass on UPVC front door?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening, we have a broken window on our front door.
I'm not sure if the glass can be removed or whether I need to replace the whole door?
What looks like beading, isn't beading. I've taken the door out and it doesn't come out that way?
Any idea's?

Attachments

• IMG_5640.jpg
    IMG_5640.jpg
    451.8 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_5641.jpg
    IMG_5641.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_5642.jpg
    IMG_5642.jpg
    446.9 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_5643.jpg
    IMG_5643.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 64
Sponsored Links
It looks to me as if you have a composite front door, rather than a uPVC one.
The removal of the glazing is a little more involved than standard uPVC beading.
This link may give you an idea?

Don't think there is any beading or glazing cassette on that door. Open the door and look on top and see if there is a piece of wood you remove. If so the glass will slide out the top but you will need to take the door off the hinges to do this.

Don't think there is any beading or glazing cassette on that door. Open the door and look on top and see if there is a piece of wood you remove. If so the glass will slide out the top but you will need to take the door off the hinges to do this.

Hi, the top looks similar to the side where the hinges are, there are plastic pegs(?) every 200mm or so though?

Attachments

• IMG_5646.jpg
    IMG_5646.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 47
Sponsored Links
I reckon that glass was put in when the door was made and cannot be reglazed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back