how to replace Vaillant Grundfos VP6 ZE Class H pump?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Advice Please:
A large firm of plumbers visited, and told me that wandering/failing boiler temperature problems, and occasional pressure dropping, were caused by a failed pump. We still have some heating in the house, but temp drops back after each firing.
They discover that my Grundfos VP6 ZE Class H (IP 42, JF95, 6-bar) pump is obsolete, and because they can't find a replacement to fit the gap, want to sell me a new boiler. The Vaillant dates from 1996. "73.77418" ? There must be a cheaper solution!
I wondered about moving the pump outside the boiler on a spur of tubing. It would seem to be a practical and simple solution, to use a different pump, so long as it has electrical insulation.
I have found the same model pump though on Ebay in Germany etc, but that is "Class F", not "H". No idea what that means: it seems to have a flange that turns on the right lower corner, not a straight black box.
Does anyone know how to obtain any replacement please? Urgent responses gratefully received. (You will gather I am not a plumber!)
Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi

IF you need a VP6 pump then a 161107 6 Metre Grundfos is still available from Partscenter (475758). Just swap the head over. Simples.

I guess you have a VCW 282 or a VCW 280 if its 1996. God I'm Sad. :eek:

Bunny [/u]

Thank you both. I've finally found the boiler number label -!!!

Vaillant "W + P". Type VKN 12. Reg 5C 002/95. Product no. 43 96 (=1996?)

I phoned Vaillant, to be told that a "Type F" replacement pump from Germany would be 'European only' - though 50Hz. etc - and would not work. No explanation. When asked why, he rudely cut me off.

Why do Vaillant make boilers to be obsolete after only 13 years? Why then not buy a different make next time?!

So far the number 161107 has not worked on the Search engine of Parts Center. I'll phone them.

Any more advice gratefully received.
[/b]

Sponsored Links
Chap, try the other number. 161107 might be the Vaillant part number, but 475758 is the Partscenter number, it will get you a result. ;)

Parts Center seems an excellent firm, polite and helpful. I've ordered a part, 24 hours delivery. We'll see if it fits. My thanks again.

It seems that someone in the past must have fitted this VP6 ZE pump that originally was intended for the VCW 282 or VCW 280 boiler, as you said.
But I've got a VKN 12.

PC are not sure (no picture) if the pump you recommended will actually fit. There seems no other way to find out....

Thanks.

Fingers crossed it does the job for you. General concensus on here seems to be Vaillant's customer service is diabolical, i've never had cause to ring them luckily. In contrast, Worcester Bosch couldnt have been more helpful when I rang them with a query about a roomstat.

Bearsden, are you from Bearsden or is that your name.

No. House name.
We used to live there.
And there are a few bears around the place - mostly for the pupils!

Thanks to you both. It does fit, & has all the serial numbers to match;
BUT that flange corner has to unscrew to allow in the bare electrical connection, that used to screw directly in at the top right corner. A quick fudge, I hope.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back