How to reset pyronix enforcer tamper alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I would appreciate any help to reset a control panel tamper alarm on my pyronix enforcer control panel. I put the alarm in engineer mode and opened the control panel and when I closed it up I have the tamper alarm and I can't reset it. I have searched through the programming manual with no success. Can anyone give me any clues please.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Press yes ? Or the lid is not on correct/ tamper switch not seated
Does it say panel tamper

Thanks for your reply
It says control panel case tamper, I can hear the switch clicking when I put the control panel on I just cant get the message to clear. the unit is only a few weeks old.

if you hold the case in are you able to reset the system?

an engineers reset is different to a user reset, not sure what its set at as default, but once the tamper is secured and a user reset didn't work then an engineers reset should be tried.

Sponsored Links
I have held the switch in by hand and still no reset. I installed the alarm and have not changed any default passwords. I have not been able to find any reset info in the engineers manual.

Enter engineer code , go into programming ....then either scroll all options to exit engineer or quick way back arrow B till it says exit engineer , if that's not clearing it sounds like a faulty back tamper

I have checked the tamper switch with my meter and it is working ok, I tried Pyronix help and support but they only deal with trade customers so no joy there. The alarm still works fine but the tamper message is really bugging me. would a clean start sort it out?

the case tamper isn't clearing after a user or engineers reset and your sayings its secure.

I would be doubtful if the system being defaulted is going to help from what you have said, but it would be your next option as a last resort.

Just feel you may be holding some vital piece of information back, it should clear once secured and an engineers reset performed.

Have you done an engineers reset?

The thing is I don't know how to do an engineers reset. I have the engineers code number, should just entering this reset the tamper alarm? or is there some other way of resetting it when I am in engineers mode, I cant think of any info i'm holding back, why would I?

Are you sure you have the engineer code ? What does the panel say when you enter the code ? Set / used ? Press no , no what options does it give you ?

My alarm has all the default settings still in so yes I have the engineers code, It gives me all the options described in the programming manual, but I cant find any reference to resetting a tamper alarm.

if you have done the resets then it must be faulty.

you could try mains off, battery off battery on, secure case, mains on

IMG_1756.JPG
Pressing yes resets version 10 default on case tamper no problems ....not sure how you tested the back tamper switch as it's soldered onto the pcb ? Any reading could be going via the pcb without desoldering the switch !

It should reset just by entering code & pressing yes or no as long as the switch is down & not set up as engineer reset. Try powering panel down & up again. If not as previously mentioned go into engineer mode then press A to escape. If not Panel is buggered, not surprising as it’s an over rated peice of tat imo...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back