How to select real granite (good quality)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have had a bit of a look around the forum thinking that this must have already been asked but I cannot find a similar post.

I am bringing in a kitchen fitter to refit my kitchen. I would like to go for a granite worktop. I am prepared to pay a premium for this. They are quoting "Indian black granite" and I have told them I want good quality real granite but I am not getting a direct answer to that so looking to use an independent granite supplier.

After some research on granite I am finding that most suppliers will give you mickey mouse product. I want the real deal. I suspect that the Indian black granite is faux.

Even after looking at granite suppliers in London I see statements like "our cheap granite is very popular" but I want quality not some cheap resin with granite powder sprinkled into it.

Any suggestions on how I can be 100% sure about what I am ordering before parting with money? Its expensive stuff and very difficult to tell the difference...

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I believe this company supply natural granite work surfaces. https://www.margrasil.co.uk

You will pay a large premium for a worktop cut from a single slab of natural granite. The estimate for a natural granite worktop was ( if memory serves me right ) over £ 6,000 and that was not a large one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back