How to Size a Radiator for a Small Hallway with Stairs to Small Landing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

My House is a Small Semi Detached where upon entering the Front Door you are in a Small Hallway, maybe 2m x 1m with a Door to the Living Room and Stairs leading to the Small Landing with Doors leading to the Bathroom, Small Bedroom and Main Bedroom.

There is a Small Type 21 Radiator, 600m x 600mm in the Hallway behind the External Door.

I am not clear on how to use a Radiator Calculator for this Area due to the Stairs and the Stair Well etc.

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Sponsored Links
Do it in 2 entities, hall to ceiling in bottom section, landing to ceiling in top section and just share out what's left over between the two on best endeavours process, add 2 results together to give overall heat requirement

Hello

Thanks for the Reply.

I did the Heat Loss Calculations for the Hallway and the Landing, the Results are:

Hallway: 265 Watts
Landing: 272 Watts

So, 537 Watts in all.

There is of course the Stair Well to also take into account.

I have a Stelrad Compact 600mm x 600mm (Type 21) in the Hallway, from the above I assume the Radiator would be enough since it is Rated at 807 Watts.

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back