how to sort out short delivery?

Just to clear things up then:-

DAVID & JULIE - i left work at 10 pm on moday so they were closed then and on tuesday i rang them as soon as i got home from work at 3.30pm

FREDDIE - i ordered 156 ft. i received 138 ft of which 2 ft was cracked which means they owe me 20 ft!!

Sponsored Links
Ish said:

DAVID & JULIE - i left work at 10 pm on moday so they were closed then and on tuesday i rang them as soon as i got home from work at 3.30pm

FREDDIE - i ordered 156 ft. i received 138 ft of which 2 ft was cracked which means they owe me 20 ft!!

Well this is what you wrote which is where i got confused and with the other lengths you had i was going to suggest maybe a way out with the room sizes matching the lentghs you had so you could maybe come back with a short length in your car instead of the 20ft piece you needed

Dado rail was delivered around midday on Tue 11/08/2005. When I returned from work late in the evening i measured how much they had delivered and deducting a cracked piece i was 20 foot short

This is what confused me and thats why the questions

Also the date is today so we have entered the ---" Twilight Zone " :D

Freddie you are right...i should have worded that bit better :oops:

dates now 100% fixed :D

Ish,

If the company's not going to budge then there possibly isn't much you can do about it. However, make sure you let everyone you know know about it and spread the word as far as you can - Even if one person buys their stuff elsewhere then it will cost them a lot more than they saved by not just giving you a new length...

Sponsored Links
How did you pay. If by CC OR Cheque stop it. Do you have a receipt?
If you didnt sign for anything, then you received NOTHING.
Let them prove they delivered

Ish said:
Mobile phones and roofracks not reached your neck of the woods then or what? :rolleyes:

Your making a mountain out of a molehill mate, 10 to 1 you have no hassle off the merchant. Just take a saw with you to get it in your car. ;)

david and julie said:
Ish said:
Mobile phones and roofracks not reached your neck of the woods then or what? :rolleyes:

Your making a mountain out of a molehill mate, 10 to 1 you have no hassle off the merchant. Just take a saw with you to get it in your car. ;)

You pair do that aswell---well me and my miss's thought we were the only little devils around :LOL:

Ish

Please dont be put off by the cleverdicks here...
It IS VERY Easily Solved

What you do is ,
go into the builders merchant with wife as your witness

(she must stay quite ,maybe an old sock is an idea if shes a hot head , stay calm to win this )

an ask to see the Manager ,
if the spotty oik ask whats it about say thats between the Manager an I *Said Politely an Firmly /SMILING ...*
When he comes explain how there was a mix up with your order an You Want it to be Corrected Thanks, if he says it was signed off etc ,ask to see the paper work , *still calm an collected/SMILING*
If he shows it you say as the order/agreement was between you an not Mrs whatever ,you can say that is meaningless in law ...WHICH IS LEGALLY TRUE

A famous West London Case highlighted this between the P/Office an this guy who order some bird books an another tenant signed for them never handed them over ...
an the post office were deemed liable as they cannot just release goods to anyone ,

" it is to say Mrs J. Jones ordered something an I opened the door ..Im not a women !, "
was used by the judge ..lol

say you are short by whatever an will accept this now ...
If he tries to fob you off ,

You must tell him about all the building materials you "wished" to buy from his firm
an you used him instead of B/Q /wickes an they always made mistakes , you hope he can sort this with him so you can remain a loyal customer ...
*Said Firmly but still FRIENDLY*

If he is still being an AR*ehole ...... an being smart ....

you must TELL HIM You are there to sort out a problem an you are now giving him a LAST CHANCE to sort "there delievery error!" ...
*Still said said calmly an pleasant ....*

If he is still bolshie ,get a pen an paper an ask for his name , if he asks you to leave , do so smiling an friendly ....
as you go too the door tell him you will be sueing him an he will be named to appear in Court ..

If he is aggressive note names of counter staff ...
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Good stuff ..

You then go to the Local Courts an get a County Court Lawsuit pack

where I live its £20 ,you fill it out an the courts will summon (sp) him an his firm to court ,
On the form it will ask what the complaint was about ,
Write it down to the point you ordered X you got Y

your claim ammount ,
whatever the wood would cost at another merchant , go to B/Q get a written quote off one of their munkees
+what this shoddy firm owe you for lost delievery +£20 for telephone calls/petrol (this is ALWAYS GIVEN as is the cost of the County Court Lawsuit pack!)
say its £100 in all ...

the courts will send this to the firm sued , they will have 2weeks to agree the order or fight it ,

Please be aware , if they fight it they have to have legal representation , which for fees for half a day is more than most cases are worth fighting ....

If you were manhandled or Verbally abused threatening attack while in the merchants,
outside get the police too attend they will see you a calm /upset ,very NICE person an the shop manager a nasty bully ,

on this tack you are entitled to damages , an the judge will grant this if you win ,a coppers number an police report
(your looking at good money a few hundred pound for verbal /for an attack your in 1000s)

If they go too court get suited an booted ...

an when waiting be very smiling an polite in the court building (even if you maybe a grouch normal ,lol)

when your called in the judge who will be dressed in normal clothes will read through your claim ,
he may just award you the claim straight off ( half of claims are done this way !)

He may ask you to present to the court your side of accounts ...
If So go stand at the bench side an address the court
(maybe just you an the wife the shoddy firms lawyer an his witnesses ,an the judge /magistrate an the usher/ recorder )

its all very relaxed ...

DONT GO INTO IT ..

you ordered X an GOT Y

You bent over backwards to get your order,
but was thrown out of the merchants an you had remained calm an polite through out ,
you can add you wanted to use the smaller firm instead of say B/Q as you REALLY WANT THE SMALL FIRMS TO SURVIVE IN THE MARKET PLACE ...

You Must say you had exhausted all opportunities (sp)to get this SMALL problem sorted but the manager was agressive an very rude ..all I want is for the firm=who ever to be business like an above board

after the complaints speech 9 times out 10 its awarded to them ....

unless you were abusive an filmed on the Firms CCTV shouting an abusive or punched some one,then will the firms lawyer be admitted

you will win on a County Court Lawsuit pack to the firm ..trust me ...

I Know all this as my sister's Hubby Ger is an Usher at the courts ....

I have even gone an sat through some good Murder Trials ,when work was slow ...it beats daytime tv by far .. lol

Sponsored Links
Back