How to stop bushes, weeds and scrubs poking through fence

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be interesting to know if, in the last 50 years, anybody has been prosecuted for killing weeds spreading from adjoining uncultivated land.

have you got an example? a news report link, perhaps?

Sponsored Links
robbieee said:
If u have something constructive to post fair enough. But u don't. So please don't post on this topic. I have already stated cutting back or killing weeds isn't a problem on this bit of land!!

End of!

End of nothing. It was suggested to you that you use weedkiller and you followed up by asking if it would be effective on particular types of plants. As part of that exchange, I explained that using weedkiller on someone else's land is a criminal act. If someone suggested a course of action to me and someone else explained that it's illegal, I'd be grateful for the heads up.

Unless you have the permission of the owner of the land, cutting back or killing weeds is a problem. I'm not sure why you're here asking the question since you already seem to have decided what you intend doing.

And, just for the record :D , I suggested a barrier solution and approaching the owner of the land. All of the above are constructive, so enough already with the attitude. There are other constructive and legal options, but hey, you want to use weedkiller so fill your boots!

Arnt you listening? The land ownership isn't an issue.

Sponsored Links
robbieee said:
Arnt you listening?

Rather more than you are, I suspect.

Please stop posting on this thread

You asked me a question. It's only courteous to respond.

I'd like to ask you a straight question please - who does the waste land behind your fence where the weeds that poke through your fence are growing belong to?

Cutting weeds on the land isn't an issue, like I've stated.

Again, stop posting on this thread. It's uncontructive and thread spoiling.

My questions and comments are entirely relevant and on topic to your OP. You might not like them but that doesn't make them unconstructive or thread spoiling. If you were prepared to provide more information, you might find there are other options available to you.

My questions and comments are entirely relevant and on topic to your OP. You might not like them but that doesn't make them unconstructive or thread spoiling. If you were prepared to provide more information, you might find there are other options available to you.

There is no issue with cutting the weeds on this land. That's all you need to know.

There is no issue with cutting the weeds on this land. That's all you need to know.

Within the law, you're permitted to cut back to the boundary but I think you knew that already. I'm getting the impression that this is a pointless thread. You appear not to be interested in other possibilities for abating what you consider to be a nuisance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back