How to stop leakage here?

Since the teeth of push fit wont bite into chrome lets hope it doesnt blow off before you get to report it!
I hope it wont blow off very soon - it's been there for several years - and there were towels and rags from the previous tenant. I didn't know they were meant to absorb water constantly dripping from that push fit.
How can I stop the flow in case it does blow off..? I suspect there should be some general water valve which I should turn off, shouln't it?

Sponsored Links
Oh, i've just found out that this push fit was installed not so long ago, just several months ago, because it was leaking before. The lady-tenant's son came and fixed it, he is in no way a plumber. Looks like he fixed the problem temporarily, and now it came back.
As far as I got he wasn't suppose to fit a plastic push fit to a chrome pipe - he could do so to a plastic pipe or a copper pipe, but the chrome pipe needs a metal push fit.

Tell your landlord to fix it!
i will definetely tell him tomorrow. What would u advise me to tell him to make sure he understands how serios it is? I think he may send here another handyman, just like the son of the previous tenant, not a professional plumber who would do a job which won't last long.

Sponsored Links
Thank you guys, I called the landlord(agent) and asked him to send someone more competent than me. To the next post I'll attach the pictures showing what was done.

that's how it looks now. the leakage is no more.
WhatsApp Image 2018-06-21 at 20.52.38.jpeg

but when the fella was gone, it started leaking in another place)) i called him, he returned and fixed it. now all is good
WhatsApp Image 2018-06-21 at 20.51.27.jpeg

I'd also make it a priority to know where you mains stop tap is, if that's the quality of the pipework, just in case you need to shut all the water off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back