How to tell these quotes apart for UPVC windows?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We've had a different set of speil 3 times now from different window companies and have 2 quotes that are very similar to each other that we're not sure about. Neither are from local independants but are from reasonably small local firms.

All windows are standard white, duraflex, A rated windows with shootbolt locking and 150mm cills - I've added any extras to each window just after the room name.

Lounge - Bottom panel is toughened glass

Bathroom - All toughened glass and obscured

Front bed - Egress hinges

Back bed - Egress hinges

We received quotes of:
£1650(Move with the times home improvements ltd),
£1720(Carrington),
and £2350 (Safestyle) for the above windows

We went for the £1720 cause he said that their thermoflex spacer bars were superior to the standard aluminium ones and this was the only visible difference between the two cheapest window companies.

The company is called Carrington and they based in Derby.

I could buy the exact same windows myself today from http://www.onlinewindowquote.com/ for £1,218.77 delivered if it helps.

Sponsored Links
I'd be very wary of carrington's, I've been told that their financial situation is allegedly not that great!

Have you tried trade windows for a fitted price or their sister company frame fast across the road from carrington for a supply only price?

Tbh I wouldn't worry about the cost, more who is fitting it.

Yes we can all get things cheaper but even the most expensive window fitted by an idiot would be worthless. Ask around and see who has the best reputation and even to the extent of who are their best fitters. Any company worth their salt will help you and you'll feel that you are getting value for money.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back