How to tidy up this cable entry

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

I have a google outdoor camera on the outer wall, with the cable coming through the wall to the inside, and then dropping down where the plug socket is. This is replacing an old cctv camera where the cable ran through the mount otherwise I perhaps would have run the new cable externally towards the ground and had a lower entry route.

Any suggestions regarding best way to tidy this up? This room hasn’t been renovated as yet hence the dated decor. Ideally I’d want to keep it serviceable and one end of the cable is hardwired to the plug, and the end that plugs into the camera is around 10mm wide so not that small. I could run the cable externally a bit further to the patio door and run it down internally but I would have to create a sizeable hole in the frame to thread it through.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3400.jpeg
    IMG_3400.jpeg
    245.8 KB · Views: 68
Sponsored Links
Are you able to channel the wall, if so sink a length of conduit or trunking into the wall from the socket upwards to the hole through the wall then sink a single back box into the wall and use a blanking plate to cover it. Thread your camera cable up into the back box through conduit ( before you fit it), or trunking then out of the rear of the box and through the wall.

Are you able to channel the wall, if so sink a length of conduit or trunking into the wall from the socket upwards to the hole through the wall then sink a single back box into the wall and use a blanking plate to cover it. Thread your camera cable up into the back box through conduit ( before you fit it), or trunking then out of the rear of the box and through the wall.
Yes that makes sense. Thanks!

If you have solid floors it’s very likely that the socket cables come down that wall very near to the hole you have drilled

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back