how to undo coupling?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I trying to Tee from the existing domestic hot and cold water to my new extension, but unfortunately my new pipes came into coupling, see attached. And due to space limitation I can not move these pipes up or down. how can I undo the coupling?

Attachments

• 20200305_193913.jpg
    20200305_193913.jpg
    354.1 KB · Views: 313
Sponsored Links
Cut sections of pipe out and use slip couplings ,if there is no play in the vertical pipes.

there is play in the vertical pipes. but there is no play in the horizonal one.

Sorry ,I don't understand what your problem is ? Sections of the vertical pipes need to be cut out ,so you can introduce "T" fittings. And the horizontal pipes extended to meet the "T" ????

Sponsored Links
I am thinking of drain the system and heat the coupling, take them out and insert my "T". however those pipe are fed from the top and there is no draining cock anywhere beneath and therefore I might not be able to drain the water.

You will need to give us more information regarding the layout of the pipe work and taps in the property. Are they on ground floor ? Are any taps on the same floor level ?

You're wanting to insert a fitting, right? That's your cut pipe, right there!

Nozzle

Do you know what these pipes are supplied by and what outlets they supply? If so Isolate the source and then go to the outlets and open them, how low are they in relation to these pipes, if they are lower then those pipes will drain to their lowest point, if they are higher then you drain what you can at the outlet and the cut the pipe and catch whatever water it contains, then move on to the fitting of the new branch.

Or get a recommended plumber in ..... (y)

You could temperary fit a self cutting tap withing the section that needs replacing in order to drain before teeing in.
Turn off the water supply to both pipes first if course and open taps to let air in.
Who plumbed the rest of the extension and can't they link in if its problem for you?
https://www.screwfix.com/p/self-cut...jiCky4VTA1X_BBdr_3MaAgt3EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
Consider fitting full bore isolation valves to the new extension.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back