How to use the galaxy's ptsn dialler?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Honeywell galaxy g2-20 alarm system and was wondering if I could save some money rather then buying a auto dialler then to use the built in ptsn dialler! Any ideas?

I might be considering upgrading to the g2-48 panel, would this be a bit better for dialling?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The G2 series MODEM can be used to SMS via TAP. It cannot be used to communicate with your mobile phone in any other way, as your mobile cannot decode the MODEM signal. If you want text messaging, then you will need to use Vodafone TAP service and must have version 1.51 firmware or above. If you do upgrade to the G2-44+ (there is no G2-48 ), then you can buy a plug on GSM module (now obsolete though), which allows sending of SMS directly which is more reliable than TAP. The GSM modules are very expensive, but the Galaxy based messaging does give lots of alarm event detail over that of an off the shelf dialler.

Another alternative is the E080-2 Ethernet module. It can be configured to communicate with low cost self monitoring services. Unfortunately, these modules are expensive too.

When will spammers learn that the last outfit anyone is likely to use is a spammer outfit. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
When will spammers learn that the last outfit anyone is likely to use is a spammer outfit. :rolleyes:
He was at it all last night. I ran out of tins in the end.

I hear Miss Daisy was going to post a comment to him, but both volumes are still away at the proof readers. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back