How to wire a 2 way outdoor switch?

Sponsored Links
I checked the fuse with an analogue meter and it was zero ohms on that.

I am now getting that the light is always on and not switchable to off when I have the 2 lives into com, and both neutrals into a choc block.

I am now getting that the light is always on and not switchable to off when I have the 2 lives into com, and both neutrals into a choc block.
Well, of course it is.

That's what the switch does - connects the two Reds together - when it is switched on.
At lest it shows the light works.

Put the Browns back in Com and 1way - remove the Blacks for the time being - if the light doesn't work then the switch is faulty.

Let us know what happens.

Does the switch look like this?

upload_2018-12-13_15-43-2.png

Also - which cable goes to the light - the yellow one or the black one?

Sponsored Links

I have already told you, you only have ONE live. The other red wire is a switch wire. Cables don't know what colour they are.

Yes I realised that afterwards and 1 live is in com and the other live is in L2 / 2 way. The led is on when the light is off, but is a good thing.

You don't have to shout. If you say only 1 live , fair does , but I know there is 2.

You don't have to shout. If you say only 1 live , fair does , but I know there is 2.

I have told you 3 times there is ONLY ONE LIVE. The other brown wire is a switch wire. Wires don't know what colour they are.

Yes it could be so I used 2 way to get the led working as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back