How was your day?

Coming home drunk last night my mate stops me;
"Why you pulling that dog lead?" He says.
"Bloke in the pub sold me a collie." Says I.
"You been had." he says.

"Thats a cabbage!" :LOL:

Sponsored Links
"HOW WAS MY DAY YOU ASK? I'LL TELL YOU! :evil:

One of my tenants moved out this week, i went to see them to go over the inventory and check for damage, they're a nice average family from Sud Afrika, say no more, he said they had cleaned the day before, if sticking a bottle of Finish dishwasher cleaner into the afore mentioned dishwasher is their idea of cleaning an appartment they got a lot to learn, trouble is they have servants to do all the cleaning over there.

Me and the mum in law spent 12.5hrs cleaning, the shower cubicle was filthy, covered in mould, the kitchen units were covered in a thick layer of grease, there was coffee stains on the walls and carpets but the worst were the two TOILETS, it looked like they hadn't pulled the flush but it was more like brown lime scale, i've no idea what they were putting down the loo, maybe they should pay the doctor a visit ang get themselves checked out! I started with Domestos quickly went on to caustic soda crystalls to no avail, i contemplated using my Kango and 9" diamond angle grinder, i ended up using a knife to scrape it off, then copius amounts of Harpic lime scale remover.

And you ask what sort of day i had? :evil: :evil:

Seriously hope they didn't get their deposit back!
Sorry to hear that mate.

Similar thing happened when one of our tenants left - looked alright on the surface but digging deeper it was poor. Took us a good couple of days cleaning, fixing a window frame, and having to get a new carpet to put right.

Trouble is, unless you do a proper photographed inventory (as is the law and which we have now begin to do properly now that everything is finally in place and legit) beforehand you haven't got a leg to stand on.

Sponsored Links
Seriously hope they didn't get their deposit back!
Sorry to hear that mate.

Well as subman says, untill you dig a bit deeper then you find the things they've been hiding from you, like two broken door locks, but no, we agreed on £150, 100 for the carpet cleaners, and as they've been reasonable tenants i would go halfers on the cleaning, but the deposit hasn't been released yet, although we had already agreed on the damage so to speak, he was not being straight with me, so we are thinking of sending him an email and see what he says.

By reasonable do you mean they paid the rent on time?
Doesn't make up for the work you have had to do though does it?
If you had paid for a cleaning company to come in and clean up how much would that have cost you?

I mentioned before that my mum in law does a few cleaning jobs to keep the wolves from the door, she is meticulous, so i gave her a one'er. money well spent.

Sponsored Links
Back