How would I wire this thermostat?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
(Title changed to make more sense, and hopefully get an answer.)

Hi all, confused again!

I have a Danfoss RMT230 room thermostat with three wires. Presume switched live, switched live and a neutral for use with the little heater thing in thermostat (?).

rmt230-jpg.126995

Now I'd like to replace this with a programmable thermostat that looks a bit Gucci. But I don't want to pay a fortune for a Nest or Hive (although I like the looks).

I have seen this item on Flea Bay and for the price it seems unbelievable (I know - there's a reason for that!).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Smart-Wi-...-Screen-Temperature-Controller-/282062013570?

floureon-jpg.126996

The listing states it can be used for all sorts or purposes but I can't see how. To me it just looks like an under floor heating therostat. So;

1) Has anyone heard of this company or used these thermostats?

2) How would I wire it up in place of my RMT230 if I went for it?

3) Would anyone have any other suggestions? (I'm after something in silver or black, that I can programme and would be simple to fit).

Many thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions.

Cheers,

Mike.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Never heard of them, but to wire your proposed new one you would need to do the following...
Terminal 1 (existing stat) to 4 (new stat)
Terminal 4 (existing stat) to 3 (new stat)
Terminal 2 (existing stat) to 1 (new stat)

Hope this helps.

I have seen this item on Flea Bay and for the price it seems unbelievable (I know - there's a reason for that!).
Yes indeed its on buy it now or 'make offer' have a look at their sales history.This year they have sold them for £7.99 :!:. Considering they are shipped from china,thats cheap.
1) Has anyone heard of this company or used these thermostats?
Never heard of them,the product could be an adapted thermostat,short run production,made to order item, sold under other company names,:idea: Have a look on amazon for your product reviews and similar looking thermostats.

Have seen similar looking thermostats in hotel rooms,controlling heat and cooling fans.

Their advert states item location as Hays,put that location into zoopla/rightmove and see where it takes you.

To me it just looks like an under floor heating therostat
Again its adaptable to suit many heating applications,it is supplied with a probe and i hope it comes with English installation instructions.

Would i buy it ? I would but not for the full price.After installation if i found it poor quality then i would return it under the distance selling regulations.
So unpack it carefully,keep the packaging and dont drop it.The screen is glass.

Good luck.

Ediy,your last message just arrived. good move (y)

Sponsored Links
This eBay linky is a rip off of the heatmiser. Possibly made in the same factory. With a different screen.

The heatmiser us ok, but the user interface is awful. The app is actually quite good once you get your head around it, but again, not the most intuitive.

Never heard of them, but to wire your proposed new one you would need to do the following...
Terminal 1 (existing stat) to 4 (new stat)
Terminal 4 (existing stat) to 3 (new stat)
Terminal 2 (existing stat) to 1 (new stat)

Hope this helps.

A lot of assumptions there

A lot of assumptions there

I would have to agree, that new programmable stat will need a 230V live and neutral feed from either the fused spur or the boiler to 3 & 4, the old mechanical thermostat didn't have one, just a neutral for the anticipator. Then the switched boiler feed would run through 1& 2.

The picture of the rear of stat would be used on an underfloor heating element. Same back as a flexel flooring stat front different though.
NTC floor sensor, 1-2 element and LN self explanitory

No assumptions. I just looked at the wiring diagram for both stats.
The wiring diagram for the new stat doesn't show how the load is switched. We also don't know if the original stat is still switching mains or whether it's now ELV

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back