Howden spares?????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a kitchen fitted which was an Howdens one. They put in Interlink Fluorescent Light under the units. They have been in about 6 mths and all the strip light bulbs have gone. I have looked in all the local DIY stores but no luck. These have got two prongs at each end.
My question is other than Howdens, that are a way away, is there anywhere else I can get them? I rung the nearest Howdens, who said they will not sell to me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Not a lot to go on!
What wattage, size etc?
Is it just the lamp or the fitting that has gone?
Can you post a photo?

CPC, RS, probably B&Q, they sound like the type my mate had - they blew constantly so he eventually just ripped them out and replaced.

Are they like a minature fluorescent tube, and about the thickness of a pencil?[/code]

Sponsored Links
Possibly T5 tubes, very slim. Relatively new products. Any electrical wholesalers will have them in (ring to check first though, many dont carry them all the time)

on the end of the tube should be their spec printed on the glass.

Screwfix do them. But there are different sizes, some only slightly different to others, so take in the old ones.

I don't suppose you had these lights on a dimmer??

Ok sorry, not enough info.
Spark ...............it is 13watt, and just the bulb no prob with the fitting as yet.
RF lighting....................yes like a mini fluorescent, finger thickness
Spike..........no they are on normal switch.

If they are going to go regualy, and are expensive, they can come out, but do miss them.

If they are going to go regualy, and are expensive, they can come out, but do miss them.
Assuming there's a pelmet to hide them, then consider removing them and replacing with a cold-cathode tube running the entire length of the units.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back