Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Could you help me? I'd usually ask my dad about these types of things, but he lives in a different country. I have a washing machine in my Howden's Kitchen, it is a washer dryer combo. Model name says Howden's joinery HJA8900.
In the last few days, the washing cycles have ended up with soaking wet clothes. The water drains, but I watched and although it is spinning it is not getting up to full speed. If I then put it on a spin cycle, it will spin and the clothes are coming out "normal". However, there is an unusual sound, as if the drum is maybe stuck? It does move though, just not full spin speed I don't think. I cleaned out the filter, but although water came out, there was no debris, and I don't know... but I don't think that is the issue.
I tried looking up what could possibly be wrong, but I don't have enough knowledge to say yes this or that. I am also hesitant to ring Howdens because I don't have the money to spend at the moment.

Is this something you'd be able to help me with, maybe point me in a direction of what the issue could be?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back