Howl to cut 22mm pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone suggest how best to cut a 22mm pipe that runs from the ceiling to the ground along a corner of the wall with just 10mm gap between it and the wall?
I want to cut the pipe to insert a T junction and I guess the pipe will have to be cut in two places in order to lift pipe to fit the T piece and then use a slip joint to join pipe back.
Any constructive suggestion welcomed.
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
A pipeslice usually does the trick. But if space is too tight then a hacksaw blade.

Andy.

If space is really tight and the pipe is quite secure, you may be able to get in there with a 115mm angle grinder complete with a 1mm slitting blade.
John :)

Careful use of an angle grinder (with a cutting disc) if you have one but you need to de-bur the inside of the pipe before fitting the tee.

Sponsored Links
I once had cause to do this, in my case not only was the pipe tight in a corner but it also had several other pipes (including the mains gas) in close proximity.

I tackled the job with a wire saw and it did the job (2 cuts) well.

31Nph59vpIL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

For only a couple of quid it's now a useful tool to have around for similar 'back against the wall' (literally!) tasks in the future. Let the tool do the work, and don't over-tension - take your time and you'll end up with a neat cut with little remaining prep to do.

Mathew

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back