HP wireless printer.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an HP 110a three-in-one which is wireless only. At present, it is used by one laptop. I wish to now also use it for my PC, which does not have wireless.
However, as the PC is connected by cable to the same wireless router which the printer links to, should my PC be able to link to the printer by wireless connection from the router, via the cable link from PC to the router? I realise shall have to download the printer software to my PC. Any advice would be much appreciated, thank you.

Sponsored Links
Yes, if your laptop can "talk" to the printer then so can your PC wired into the same wireless router.

You need to find out the IP address of the printer (Print a test page from the printer with the settings?). I expect it probably picked up an IP from DHCP i.e it is not fixed, it's worth checking that, and fixing it if not.

It might be helpful if you give the model of the printer, but you probably have to install the software, at the very least the driver for the printer (but you will need to know the IP address)

skhudy, thankyou for reply. When I have the printer's IP address, where do I input that to on my PC? I should add, my bro'-in-law set-up the printer to work from the laptop for me, it seemed a bit fiddly then.

What OS do you have? windows 7? XP? Vista? What printer is it? in windows you can either set a printer up manually if you just download the driver, or depending on the printer, the manufacturers sometimes have software you download which does it all for you.

Sponsored Links
skhudy, I have now sorted it. I downloaded the HP software, pressed 'start' to install, and it did it all! Test print is fine too. :LOL:

Back