HSA6300 Alarming...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all!
I have had a scout trough here to see if i could resolve my issue but i cant seem to find the answer.
I have setup this system and was perfectly easy. The one issue i am not too happy about is when you arm the system. The actual siren beeps until it has set...kinda defeats the object and lets everyone in the neighbourhood know that we are going out lol!
Is there a way to disarm the beeping from the siren when arming the system?
Many Thanks
Craig

Sponsored Links
have you asked this question before under another name?

nope, just been searching internet in last hour trying to find answer. why is there already a topic with this issue? Sorry if there is.

TBH i dont see the point in making two usernames and asking the question lol have not got time to do that def not me! Newbie here!

Hi Craig,

The beeps might be annoying to you, but if you have set up the system exactly as it should be, and I have no reason to believe that you haven't, then this is probably a feature of this system and is there for good reason. I'm in no position to suggest how to solve your problem but I can give you a few reasons why it is becoming more common in the U.K.

First and foremost, when you have closed the final door and are outside the premises it reassures you that the system is setting correctly ... if you set the system and don't hear those beeps it means that something is not quite right.... so it's actually doing you a favour.

It also serves as a timely reminder to anyone who may be 'watching' the property that the alarm is active so they had better think twice.

Perhaps there is something in your installation instructions regarding this feature, might be worth a look. Sorry I can't be of more help, but it is a standard feature included in many trade installations.

Take Care.

Sponsored Links
........... but it is a standard feature included in many trade installations.
Too many decades to remember how long, but if it's a standard feature in a trade installation, I've never seen it.

But, I have in DiY tat.

Europlex, where have you been mate ? Honestly, when I'm leaving town at around shop closing time there are either strobe setting flashes or various exit sounds emanating from the warning devices, they are everywhere. One in particular is just a few yards from where I park my van. I can't really comment on your ".. diy tat ..." since a few thousand yale systems are in use, and I have promised a chap on here that I shall take some time, in the future, to have a look at them. It's obvious to both of us though that there can be no comparison with the real trade gear.

Take care

J3FF0RD

It is "Settings" - you want Programming - Devices - Edit Devices -(Siren) Program Siren" "Siren Confirm Off" (Tick, Tick, Tick) - see section 4.09 in video http://www.yale.co.uk/en/yale/couk/...p-videos/Alarm-control-panel-menu-system/[/b]

or
http://www.yale.co.uk/en/yale/couk/...nic-installation-videos/alarms-set-up-videos/

Otherwise ask the Yale helpline?
Customer helpline: 01902 364647
Email us at [email protected]
Monday Thursday: 8.30am - 4.30pm
Friday: 9.30am - 2.30pm

you may have to phone as the URL (website) seemed to expire not long ago.

try http://www.yale.co.uk/yale/couk/Contact-us/ or the phone no should be on the packaging or in the instructions

http://www.yale.co.uk/en/yale/couk/ProductsDB/?groupId=4326&productId=59212

The Yale/Chubb/Ingersoll/Union/Assa Abloy company keeps getting reorganised and turned upside down, and their website is all over the place.

Hello John,

I don't want to interrupt the flow of this post, but feel I should congratulate you on your excellent input. Although you state:-

" ....... their website is all over the place....."

You have provided a tremendous amount of valid information.

Best Wishes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back