htg problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hey guys,
my daughter has a potterton boiler wall mounted not sure of the model, the problem she is having seems to be with the programmer in the summer when she just wants hot water and moves the ch slider to off the boiler stays on the programmer is an ep2000
thanks
Bill

Sponsored Links
A bit more info would help ie any motorised valves and other system controls for starters.

Could be clock, zone valve microswitch sticking etc etc etc. Time to get a multimeter me thinks.

A bit more info would help ie any motorised valves and other system controls for starters.

sorry i dont really know much about the system, i know they dont have a room stat or anything like that and i am not aware of a motorised valve and neither are they, does there have to be a control valve somehwere??
thanks for the reply
Bill

Sponsored Links
Time to get some one in who does know then!! ;)

i just thought it might be something that had happened before and someone would know what was wrong ive usually found this forum very helpful some people aren't of course ??

Time to get some one in who does know then!! ;)

i just thought it might be something that had happened before and someone would know what was wrong ive usually found this forum very helpful some people aren't of course ??

I looked at a system for a mate once who could only get hot water when the central heating was on. I took a pnut and swapped the programmer and that solved the problem. A lot of them now share a universal back plate so depending on the programmers age it could be a plug and play affair.

I am not a plumber so don't know if the controls are integrated into this model of bolier therefore that would not be as straight forward

would you just explain why the heating would stay on if the cylinder stat isnt working ....just trying to understand how the system works
thanks
Bill

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back