Huge house, 4 bath, Vitodens 222-F storage combi or other

Sponsored Links
Building a huge house with 4 bathrooms etc on the 3rd floor :unsure:

Have I missed something.

ok so I am building my house.
I have decided to install a viessmann boiler, I have 4 bathrooms and 600m2 of under floor heating.

Thanks,

We are on the 3rd floor so GSHP is not possible.

So its NOT a house as you stated then?

Thanks for all the info.

we have a 34mm cold water supply coming into the apartment (its not a house but a flat on one floor).

So if you are building a house then why dont you have control of the design and grounds?

How can you be building a house when you only have a third floor flat?

How can you build a 3rd floor flat without first building the ground, first and second floors?

Sounds like a wind up or as I originally suggested just publicity for P K Plumbing.

Tony

Sponsored Links
telford tempest 500l unvented comes with 28mm PRV (28mm cylinder connections) and will run 3 showers for under £1000 as long as your supply is good enough

id use the AtagQ series system boiler(s) , but there are quite a few other makes you could use

Chris

Oh come on. Don't tell me you guys have never seen a new build on the third floor. :mrgreen:

Out of interest how many kw of boiler would 600m2 of underfloor heating need?

Its normal to design UFH to be able to give 100w per square metre.

However with a new build the current regulations would require insulation that would probably reduce the requirement to a lot less. I would guess perhaps 10-30 w/m2. But that lower output would normally be produced with a standard instal used with a lower flow temperature.

So the typical design of 100w/m2 would be able to use up to 60 kW for 600 m2 although perhaps the actual requirement would only be 10-20 kW.

Of course now that this is a flat we could consider that if there is another flat above which is to be heated then the heat loss will be very small indeed as it will only be from the insulated walls. Much more if there is a roof above this flat.

Tony

You size it based on the output of the floor regardless of the heatloss. Especially where high mass floors are concerned.
So when the mixing valve asks for 50c boost flow on start up, the response is fast.

So 100w per/m = 60kw + 20% margin for initial heat up = 72kw. Simples.

You size for the heat loss, not just on floor area, and you don't add on a percentage for anything else.

You size for the heat loss, not just on floor area, and you don't add on a percentage for anything else.

Wrong.
If you size it for heat loss then the mixing valve will be starved of energy on start up.
If the heat loss was 10kw and you installed say a 15kw boiler then on start up with a low ambient it will require several hours to heat up the space.

in the UK we are so wedded to turning things on and off we can't see the wood from the trees!

much better to use electronic mixing valves and compensation controls just varying the flow temp and temperature profiling the ambient temperature.

in fact if you had a 10kw heat loss with a screed ufh floor most people would be startled to know that you could probably do it with a 2kw boiler...

Its nonsense turning off and on ufh, as to get a reasonable heat up time you have to run is so much hotter than it need be...

in fact with compensation controls floor flow temps rarely exceed 25- 30c

I'll try not to agree too many times Alec but spot on.

UFH is not designed to be used the same as radiators.

as to get a reasonable heat up time you have to run is so much hotter than it need be...

If the floor surface has risen above recommended levels then the boost function is incorrectly set.
Its there for a purpose and doesn't like tiny boilers.
Its irrelevant how ufh should be run. Everyone runs it differently and compromising the system is a bad idea.

in fact if you had a 10kw heat loss with a screed ufh floor most people would be startled to know that you could probably do it with a 2kw boiler

That would be a disaster. An absolute disaster.
How many top end controllers have you hooked up to large residence ufh projects?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back