Human specific virus

S

Sombrero

If there was such a thing that wiped out all humans, what would happen...?

Would the resultant maggots and flies cause havoc? or would spiders literally cover everything in webs and dominate?

Would any species become dominant?

Do we control any species that once "uncontrolled" would become a problem?

Or would it be viruses and disease that would take hold?

Sponsored Links
It's happened twice already, there is always another species waiting in the wings to take over, me personally think the Earth will be just fine without the humans contaminating everything..

Sponsored Links
What about things like power stations? would the lack of human control cause nuclear power staions to explode? would the Earth just become contaminated?

I imagine many, many fires.... almost a holocaust of fire... ?

Apparently the last man made thing standing would be the Hoover dam, The universe is full of radiation, a bit more here and there wont make a lot of difference, it would disappear after a few million years or so.

short term,
vermin.
and fungii
after that ....................as my 1st reply.

you don't think maybe fire might be a major factor?

and then maybe insects rather than vermin?

Woodlice breathe underwater, or the one that spent the night in the dogs water bowl on the patio had a tank on his back, I got him out in the morning and he walked away. :eek:

ok, let's refocus.... no more humans pressing buttons, turning switches, putting out fires, controlling floodgates etc etc..

what happens in the next day/week/month/year of the planet?

A great deal of conjecture here, but I think that all well-informed people would agree that cats will take over the world.

Sponsored Links
Back