Hurrah for freedom day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
Should you so desire, you are now permitted to spread disease and to wander about emitting droplets from your mouth and nose that may contain the virus.

However the Prime Minister encourages you to act responsibly.

As with speed limits and seat belts, ministers should take responsibility and set rules. You are now permitted to drive down your High Street at a hundred miles an hour, but, please, don't. If you do, however, there will be no speeding ticket, fine or licence points. It's up to you, you can do it if you want. There will be no penaty for causing death or illness.

"Infections now run at 54,000 new cases daily. Still, businesses can throw open their doors. Mask mandates are out and the legal requirements for social distancing binned.

The government, which says a summer surge in disease is better than a winter one, insists we must learn to live with the virus and is offloading responsibility for managing the pandemic on to individuals and businesses. In truth Monday is Surrender Day as England waves a white flag to the virus and embarks on a strategy of mass infection.

In a letter to the Lancet medical journal, more than 100 doctors and scientists condemned the “dangerous and unethical experiment”.

Virologists told the Financial Times it was a recipe for disaster, while Mike Ryan of the World Health Organization said the approach showed “moral emptiness and epidemiological stupidity”.

https://www.ft.com/content/c9a6c0f0-985c-4563-91bb-aee51f0ab926

"Mass infection risks swamping hospitals, decimating workforces, sickening the young and weak, and creating vaccine-resistant variants — all of which could lead to further lockdowns and, ultimately, less freedom. This is not learning to live with Covid-19 but caving in to it."

Sponsored Links
"Parents, workers and businesses will be wondering what on earth is going on in Downing Street.” Said a local man.

The Government £33billion magic pinger has instructed over half a million people to self-isolate over the past week.

As case numbers surged to about 50,000 a day

Covid-19 cases in England are now the third-highest number in the world behind only Indonesia and Brazil.

Observe the size of the red line (cases per 100,000 inhabitants)

upload_2021-7-19_5-17-1.png

Sponsored Links
Mrs Mottie does a bit of transcribing work for the NHS. Been working from home for nearly a year and just going in one day per week on a rota basis. Today she was expecting to be told to return to work full time but has been told no change. They are still to wear masks at all time when on the premises unless they are in the office on their own. They also have to maintain a 2 metre distance from others, even in the car park.

Went to a newsagents today to take in a Hermes package. The first customer I saw was not wearing a mask. I was shocked. Luckily, she was the only one, everybody else still wearing masks.

They are still to wear masks at all time when on the premises unless they are in the office on their own. They also have to maintain a 2 metre distance from others, even in the car park.
That doesn't make much sense from either side of the argument - and that is the NHS.

The virus will be celebrating "freedom day".

In the Post Office this morning a customer with no mask was taking hot food from the heated display shelves. Maybe he is not infected or maybe he is a carrier with no symptoms to suggest he gets tested. Who knows, maybe some of the other customers ( who were wearing masks ) will become infected as a result of being in the Post Office this morning.

In the shops I've been to, for quite some time staff in general haven't been wearing masks and although varied on average 50/50 of customers...

I have never been challenged if I choose not to wear one...

But given the latest revelations it appears that the 'jabbed ones' can still get it and spread it to the 'un-jabbed ones' and vice versa...

If you believe that the jab(s) give you 'super human' immunity then you are living in cloud cuckoo land...

And if you don't believe that they don't, then that should be your own choice and you have the right to ignore the rabid vaxxers...

Only time will tell, but I have a feeling that history will tell us a rather different story than the indoctrination that is now being played out ;)

Wife and I have made the decision that we are going back to doing the shopping in the very early morning (local Supermarket opens at 06:00 so we'll be there for that opening time).

If we haven't 'got' we will do without.

Pub visits will be reduced to an odd pint outside only and takeaway's.

I wonder if the MSM choose to not report this like they didn’t report the last one.
Yet they are happy to report BLM protests
(I’m fairly sure there were a lot more people at the first anti lockdown protests than there ever was at the BLM protests )
:sneaky:

Woo hoo.

Nothing has changed round here though.

Doctors appointments still done over phone, you can't walk into doctors to make an appointment, they keep the door locked, a mask must still be worn at all times whilst in the premises and distance must be maintained.

Same in the local co-op pretty much aswell....

If you believe that the jab(s) give you 'super human' immunity then you are living in cloud cuckoo land..

but if you know that being double-jabbed cuts your chances of being hospitalised by more than 90%; and your chance of dying by even more, you would be a fool to reject it.

That doesn't make much sense from either side of the argument - and that is the NHS.
I've just got back from the dentists. I was masked, he was masked, I had antibacterial gel put on my hands, I stood on a sterilised mat and had my temperature taken. I asked him why all this on freedom day. He said it doesn’t apply to care professionals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back