Hyundai custommer care

Reaction score
Dystopia, a small island too close to Europe
Country
United Kingdom
Got rid of my old Santa Fe a month ago, had it nearly 10 years, and in that time it had been fantastic, until the last 6 months, a few niggly things and then the biggy (DMF) so got shot. Had a letter today regarding a recall for the fusebox, 12 year old car and they were going to fit new parts at no cost to me, parts which I would have thought would deteriorate over time. Is it unheard of for a car maker to issue a recall on a vehicle so old ?

Sponsored Links
Is it unheard of for a car maker to issue a recall on a vehicle so old ?

Probably depends wether or not it's a safety issue, although Vauxhall dragged their heels when their cars were bursting into flames with alarming regularity.
do like Kia's though, wifes got one.

My wifes Honda had here air bag done a few years back and her car is a 55 plate.

as Fillyboy says -that was a safety issue. The Mexican manufacturer made them faulty, in humid conditions they could explode some people got metal embedded in their neck....the recall was millions of vehicles.

Sponsored Links
Probably depends wether or not it's a safety issue, although Vauxhall dragged their heels when their cars were bursting into flames with alarming regularity.
do like Kia's though, wifes got one.

My mate had a Zafari B (sp?), took it in for the recall. He checked it when it came back, cabin filter was untouched, the fan was stiff to turn by hand (knackered).

All they'd done was fit another fan resistor that looked like it had been bought from Poundland.

No.wonder so many went up in flames..

Been there/ done that (6DCT450), shockingly badly designed..
20190519_140151.jpg

A vehicle safety recall is a legal obligation on the manufacturer. Doesn't matter how old the car is. You can check whether it was a safety recall on here:

https://www.check-vehicle-recalls.s...59.729918107.1600558177-1939344605.1578312071

Back in the 1980s when I was a student, a mate of mine had an Alfasud. Absolute wreck of a car, rotten as a peach, and no way was it going to pass its next MOT. He still got a recall letter to have the front spring pans changed. We took it round to the posh dealership and waited. The car was so rotten, they struggled to lift it to do the recall work, but they still did it!

Sponsored Links
Back