I am building a worksop - Help Needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All.

O.k. I have built a couple of sheds before but now I am going to build, not ONE but TWO workshops. One for rebuilding a Scimitar SS1 & t'other for woodwork. They will have a concrete floor.

They will both be 15ft x 12ft with four courses of bricks at the bottom.

The first will have a 7ft opening front 7ft rear leading into the second (also a 7ft opening) and with a 7ft opening to the right hand side.

They want to look old and have found that I can get tannelised 7in shiplap in brown stain for not much more than plain.

I intend using 4x2 for the uprights set at 24in spacing all round. trouble is what timbers do I need for the roof structure? 6x2's or heavier?

I intend using tiles and the height will be 12ft from ground (minus the brickwork) and the roof about a 45deg pitch.

The span on first shed will be across the 15ft and on the second across the 12 ft.

(They will join later but regs say max can not be more than 5m x 6m without planning approval)

Does anyone know of any plans available for what I want?

Has anyone built such a beast.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers chaps.

PS I now have a Ryobi 10" slide-saw and need to make it pay for itself so trusses not really an option plus they look so UGLY.

Terry

Sponsored Links
a couple of points

as your shed is wood you probably dont need planning permission

you say 45% youll need to be carefull not to excede 4m in hight

other requirement to avoid planning are

providing its less than 50% of the garden
more than 1mtr away from the boundary

total area coverd is less than somthing like 30 square m

and more than x number of meters from the public highway

not all the rquirements but some

These sizes are under permitted dev sizes. That's why there are two of 'em.

I wantesd a larger one but who knows, perhaps they will move a little closer to each other over time.:)

Sponsored Links
I'm sure permitted development means the total of area you can build on, not that you can have multiple buildings of the maximum size.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back