I am on a roll

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It is me again, asking......

My garden gates (were hung by professionals 3 yrs ago) are now hard to open. They are quite heavy, seven foot by three feet. I have to put my foot under them and lift them up in order to slide the bolt open.

Can you direct me to some site with an absolute basic step by step guide how to fit gate attachments. Or, maybe asking too much.. give step by step instruction, including what may seem obvious how to do it.

I realise this is basic stuff but I need and appreciate the basic guide so I can do it myself.
Again, I reiterate, when I ask for help, I totally am grateful to those who give time to help.

Sponsored Links
What exactly is a 'gate attachment'? :confused:

If it were me, I'd be looking to see the exact reason they are sticking, such as dragging on the floor, pressing against each other etc, then seek a more specific solution.

7 foot wide or tall?

Either way check the hinges, probably dropped. To fix get replacements.
If the agtes are 7 ft wide you can get a wheel to help them, but you still need to fix the hinges.

OR

This is the worst case, the gate posts have dropped themselves. Check the posts for vertical with a spirit level.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back