I got called a racist today by a neighbour

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What do you think?

Her: "Hello, did they do yours aswell?"
Me: "Yeah they did"
Her: "Two of ours got done, 3 other houses on our street and some others round the corner"
Me: "Yeah I know. How is your eldest? She was upset wasn't she?"
Her: "She's OK, thanks."
Me: "Oh good, your first car and stereo is a big thing at that age, isn't it?"
Her: "Yeah it is."
Me: "I find it upsetting 'cus you work hard and try to live right, and some bugger comes onto your drive in the middle of the night and gets in your car".
Her: "Er, yeah"

*pause*

Her: "Well, I reckon it was the gyppos."
Me: "What? What gyppos?"
Her: "You know, gyppos"
Me: "How do you know?"
Her: "I reckon it was."
Me: "But how do you know?"
Her: "Well it probably was."
Me: "But what basis do you have to say that?"
Her: "Well, who do you think it was? I think it was the gyppos."
Me: "But you can't say it was them when you have no evidence, there aren't even any round here"
Her: "Gyppos. Who do you think it was? I reckon it was gyppos".
Me (exasperated): "Nah, I reckon it was the n i g g e r s"
Her: "*gasps* You can't say that."
Me: "Why not?"
Her: "It's racist"
Me: "And saying it was gyppos with no basis or fact isn't?"
Her: "I reckon it was gyppos."

*long pause*

Me: "OK. Forensics said to wash the powder off with a mild detergent"
Her: "I guess I better do that then".

Sponsored Links
Which goes to prove that everyone is racist.

joe

Sponsored Links
Scrote is a good one .........Was in Hastings last bank hol @ the bike gathering....got petrol and in the window they had pics of theiving scrotes they had caught on CCTV...........Funny thing was they all looked pale ,thin , with ginger hair :eek: ;) :LOL:

Sorry if I'm being a bit obtuse, but what is your point here ? Are you saying that you were attempting to prove a neighbours inherent racism, by turning her viewpoint around and replacing it with what is seen as an equivalent, but more socially unacceptable answer, or are you just wondering if your statement was racist or not ? Or are you annoyed that you couldn't say what you said, even though she'd said waht she had, two wrongs not making a right and all that ?

I was wondering the same thing Johnny_t. I am completely lost now notb665. I'll bet it was some thieving chavs who needed money for their next fix :rolleyes:

reading the transcript of what happened the neighbour didn't call you a racist but merely stated that you can't say what you said as that is a racist term.

kendor said:
reading the transcript of what happened the neighbour didn't call you a racist but merely stated that you can't say what you said as that is a racist term.

But so is the term Gyppo! Around here we have loads of travelling families, they like to be called 'travellers'. Most of the locals call them 'pikies' though. I dread to think what they get called back :LOL:

Nige F said:
Scrote is a good one .........Was in Hastings last bank hol @ the bike gathering....got petrol and in the window they had pics of theiving scrotes they had caught on CCTV...........Funny thing was they all looked pale ,thin , with ginger hair :eek: ;) :LOL:
Yep, you have to watch out for them ginger types. ;)

"I blame the cyclists"

"But why the cyclists?"

"But why the .....*?"

*insert name of unpopular racial, national or social group here

Most comments here are bigoted.

It was a THIEF,

Not an English man or woman
Not a black person
Not a chav
Not a red hair
Not a traveller
Not a Scots man or woman
etc
etc

It was a THIEF
Robber
Burglar
Bandit
Crook
Criminal

Scott.

scott1968, around here we use the word chav to describe someone involved in petty crime. To steal something is to 'chav' it! I guess different words have different meanings in different areas of the country. What would you describe a chav as?

Sponsored Links
Back