I have a Chubb CA67 alarm panel thats gone wrong (internaly its a C&K securitech C001-086 Issue 3)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The alarm was not set but at 3am (friday night) it went off (internal & external sounder). It could not be cleared and the user code did not work. On closer inspection I realised that the panel was very hot and I disconnected the mains power and the panel just died. But the external sounder kept going. I removed the battery and measured it (7.5V) so obviously the battery had failed.
Eventualy the external sounder stopped after about 20mins. I tried powering the panel without the battery but this just triggered the external sounder for another 20mins.

Next day I bought a new 12v battery from screwfix - plug it it and this just triggered the external sounder for another 20mins. I also tried with the power and the battery together but I just get the sounder going off.

I've left it unpowered now so that the battery in the external sounder is flat.

I have tried varous combinatiosn of power and the battery together but I still cannot gain control - the user code simply does not work to stop the alarm going off.

If any one has a installers manual or some fault finding instructions I would be grateful for some pointers. Otherwise its go and get a new panel fitted (loads of money !!!).

I'm good a hardware/software so don't worry about using tech terms.

Can attach picture of internals is of use.

Thanks

Richard

Sponsored Links
Thank you - I did this and the sounder stopped. I also did 1234# which cleared the internal sounder.
The tamper light is still on (even after putting the lid on and using 1234/1234# again).
I do not have an user or installer manual so now I'm a bit stuck as to how to proceed. My own alarm code no londer works.
Is there a way to fault find the tamper (I have to assume it's real and one of the sensors or the cable has been damaged or gone faulty).

Thanks

Richard

Sponsored Links
The alarm Red Tamper led (bottom right) is now flashing at a slow rate.
Attached is the picture of the panel.

Attachments

• AlarmPanelPicture.JPG
    AlarmPanelPicture.JPG
    165.9 KB · Views: 454
Can you check inside one of the detectors to see if it has a resistor wired in ( picture may help) as I think this panel can use resistors if programmed for it , the panel has defaulted so it may be set for standard wiring

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back