I have a leak on c/h

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been in house 3 years, all decorating finished this year (yippee). No problems with heating, had boiler serviced by Calor about 2 months ago, the engineer said he had problem getting air out of the system. Combi
Anyway we now seem to have a leak on the first floor staining on ceiling, the system is plumbed in using plastic & copper to the rads.
If the engineer over pressurized the system could he have blown a fitting apart,(its only a slight leak?).
I cant find the bloody leak, I have 7 holes in the ceiling found the pipes but dry, even the ceiling is dry, I have checked all the down pipes from the rads, none weeping. Apart from putting more holes in the ceiling I'm stumped for ideas. Cant get to it from 1st floor as new carpet & Karndean flooring on chipboard & it could be in any of 3 rooms/landing.
Also whilst using phone camera to look, broke the screen so even more P$$%$ off

Sponsored Links
Yes the pressure does drop.
I have UFH also & I did post on here a few months ago about the pressures being different.
I have only topped pressure once since the boiler was serviced.
There clearly is a leak hence the staining.
I am going away for the new year & if I cant find leak before then I intend to release the pressure from the system & turn off.

prev post //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/underfloor-heating-sealed-system-pressure.447054/#post-3511284

If the engineer over pressurized the system could he have blown a fitting apart,(its only a slight leak?).
Only if it was already defective.
Any pressure over 3.5 bar or so will cause the PRV to open, and if a fitting can't take that pressure it was fitted incorrectly in the first place.

Sponsored Links
Still cant find it, I am going to poor some leak stopper in the system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back