I have a newfound respect for van drivers

RF - Forgive my wicked sense of humour but I laughed my bolts off reading about your poor cam...

My connect has a rev counter, but not sure it has or needs a limiter.. the rev counter never gets to the top, even downhill with the pedal to the metal. Mind you, I have the old diesel engine not the Tdci.

Steve: I too enjoy driving vans and larger vehicles. You do get used to reversing, but it takes time. All my colleagues go forwards into spaces and I always reverse. They say it's a load of hassle reversing into a space - my view is it's more hassle reversing out because you can't see people or vehicles as well.

The biggest thing I drove on a public road was a Renault 7.5 tonner.

I have a love/hate relationship with Renaults... I hate Renault cars and small vans, but admire the Trafic/ Master/ and upwards.

I can assure you mate that if you can get to grips with a 7.5 tonner you'll have no problem with a Tranny, Luton or otherwise!

Sponsored Links
You need a different license for a 7.5 tonner?

A Luton van, I believe is the biggest thing you can drive with a car license???

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/DriverLicensing/WhatCanYouDriveAndYourObligations/DG_4022547

this explains all (sort of)
No it didn't, last time i read it lol.

AFAICT, it has a Transit base, therefore its a Transit, and even the longest Transits can be driven on a standard car license.

Sponsored Links
problem is they keep moving the goalposts.
I passed my car test in the 80's and can drive a 7.5 t truck from when i passed my test.
apparently the laws have changed slightly now, you can still drive one on car licence but have to be 21 or older unless in the forces
clear as mud

You need a different license for a 7.5 tonner?

A Luton van, I believe is the biggest thing you can drive with a car license???

You can drive a 7.5 tonner on a car licence but since 1997 you have to have held it for over two years and the age restriction already mentioned also applies.

I like trucking :)

My mate has got a vito brabbus and that is one very quick van

same engine as mine, but without the party frock.

Looked at it, but wanted 3 seats, and slammed on 18" rims on a work van I DON'T THINK!! Have you seen the amount of ****in speed bumps round here....

Yeah, I have "grandfather rights" to drive 7.5 tonners.

If you passed your test after 1997, you need C1 to be able to drive them.

Sponsored Links
Back