Cowboy delivery companys

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It seems compertition must be biting and a lot of the bigger names sub out to smaller companys who sub out again to individualls with rusty Transit type vans.
We live in a small village up a steep narrow hill and those of us with drives are getting fed up with more and more of these cowboys speeding up wheelspin on your drive chewing up tarmac when its hot or even hitting parked cars, and a lot seem to be forigners, when you ask them not to turn on your drive some just gob off others apologise but do the same the next time. Iv'e put cones and chain across mine now but even some try it on , caught one last week chain round hie bumper cone jammed behind front wheel, I blocked the road with my car and got the company the works for and said I wanted the insurance details, they were all saying no its ok we will pay , I suspect they may not have adequate insurance, so photographed driver , entangled vehicle and have sent an invoice for new cone chain etc to them, I will await the outcome. I will be prepared to go to the small claims court if ness

Sponsored Links
There are cowboys in every industry. A young girl who's patents I did an emergency call for on Wednesday was dressed in he lifeguard outfit.

Talking as I do she told me about a kid who nearly drowned because the lifeguard failed to save the child due to his ability to swim.

From what I've seen, almost all of the unmarked vans driven by people who don't speak English are technically self-employed but are actually working for Amazon.

You'd hope that Amazon would check they're insured but Amazon are probably the biggest cowboy company that's ever existed so don't assume anything.

From what I've seen, almost all of the unmarked vans driven by people who don't speak English are technically self-employed but are actually working for Amazon.

You'd hope that Amazon would check they're insured but Amazon are probably the biggest cowboy company that's ever existed so don't assume anything.
I am an Amazon prime customer. The drivers may not always be fluent English speakers but they work hard delivering day in day out; just trying to make a living like the rest of us. Their smile is all I need.

Sponsored Links
So we’ve found the real reason for your rant

Have you ever been a foreign immigrant in a foreign land.?

I have and life's difficult , the system is alien, we get things wrong, we get exploited.
Pointing out that someone is foreign is not necessarily racist.

But bang on.

It seems compertition must be biting and a lot of the bigger names sub out to smaller companys who sub out again to individualls with rusty Transit type vans.

We get them too, but the problem is them tearing around at high speed, generally ignoring the 20 limit, usually, they are decent vans, fully marked up. Our drive is gated deliberately to prevent them and others making use of it.

Unmarked van drivers delivering for Amazon are self employed and checked for business insurance before being allowed to go on the list!

Our drive is gated deliberately to prevent them and others making use of it.
That is perhaps the difference of where people live and the pressures they feel. I'm more than happy if delivery drivers come up my drive and I tell them so. I have ordered something which they are bringing to me, sure they can use my drive rather than walk from across the street. 99.9% of the time they won't take me up on the offer.

That is perhaps the difference of where people live and the pressures they feel. I'm more than happy if delivery drivers come up my drive and I tell them so. I have ordered something which they are bringing to me, sure they can use my drive rather than walk from across the street. 99.9% of the time they won't take me up on the offer.
So I ask is multi culturism working and post a post on how people are screwed up and you are meeting cases head on and still repeat the mantra it's working although you give evidence it's clearly not.
Trust between people has gone right out of the window id suggest.

So I ask is multi culturism working and post a post on how people are screwed up and you are meeting cases head on and still repeat the mantra it's working although you give evidence it's clearly not.
Trust between people has gone right out of the window id suggest.
I honestly have no idea what you are on about, apologies if it's me. Multiculturalism is alive and well in my (small) part of the world.

I honestly have no idea what you are on about, apologies if it's me. Multiculturalism is alive and well in my (small) part of the world.
Exactly, then you meet 99.9 percentage of van drivers who think you've got a screw loose.

Exactly, then you meet 99.9 percentage of van drivers who think you've got a screw loose.
I am nice to them and they are nice to me. We both appreciate each other's efforts. Heck even if they are late I tell them it didn't inconvenience me. If that means I have a screw loose so be it, I am happy with that.

99.9% don't take you up on the offer, sounds like a case of drilling down on why that's the case.

99.9% don't take you up on the offer, sounds like a case of drilling down on why that's the case.
Because they were being friendly. "No need mate, I'm happy where I am". And I generally say "no probs mate, do you need hand?" and they say" no mate, no need".

It sometimes isn't easy to understand quite what what they are are saying but I thank them and we both go on our ways. Would you prefer if either of us took offence?

Sponsored Links
Back