I hope this is ok?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, it's a quick question

My neighbour has just knocked at my door and showed me that my attic light is shinning through all the Tiles in my roof . You can see every roof tile shape by the outline ? Its always cold in here could this be why. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Quite normal in older properties without felt or membrane.

Its supposed to be cold in the attic.

Your neighbour is a busybody.
People like him would have been arrested during WW2 for 'spreading alarm and despondancy'

Lucky for you it's not WWII you would be in trouble for breaking the blackout!!

As said it's quite normal don't worry about it, at least you saved on the electricity bill thanks to your neighbours warning :D

Sponsored Links
A word of warning - do NOT be tempted to spend ££££ on any type of seal / insulation coating etc. for the roof . IF you get any of those Snake Oil sellers round , politely refuse :idea: Your roof is fine - where you live you are @ risk IMHO. I have recently witnessed 2 properties done on a small estate ( where a family member lives) So it proves you can always catch a % of people :LOL:

Sorry , I didn't mean it's cold in the attic , I meant the Bungalow , in general is always cold. My heating bill is normally £1,300 per year. It's only a 2 bed bungalow . My neighbour was genuinely concerned about heat escaping

Do you have adequate insulation in your loft? approx 250mm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back