I know prices have gone up, but...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Really!!! dont think they will sell many at this price (unless its a typo error..)

I will stick with Appleby

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I priced 13A plugs for a poster a few days ago and they were charging prices like £11.
I seriously think it is a typo on their website. Especially as they had one plug for 0.87p

I notice that in the case of both backboxes and the 13A plugs, the overpriced products "Delivered by our approved supplier" aka "dropshipped" while the reasonablly priced products are products that screwfix hold in their own warehouses.

I would guess that for dropshipped products they calculate the price using a formula along the lines of "suppliers price" + "suppliers shipping charge" + "markup" with the result being that low-value dropshipped products end up very overpriced.

Seems strange not to carry them as a stock item. I would imagine there to be a fairly high demand for these sorts of things on a regular basis.

They have dryline boxes that they stock in their own warehouses, just not that particular brand.

10 for £26 .
Pain if you want one though

No I didnt!!!! Perhaps I will!
Just found these whilst searching for euro module blanking plates for a project ie

or the BG version
https://www.screwfix.com/p/british-general-2-module-modular-blanking-plate-white/930xg !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

£10 for one square inch of plastic.............

Edit. I got 20 euromodule blanks at 14p each from Kenable and that is NOT a typo they really were 14p each !!!!

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back