I need a good builder to work with me

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey forum, I have a rather large project on my hands here. I got planning permission to build a 9m x 6m single storey brick building at the bottom of my garden.

My general builder is great. Can't mock him. He has maintaining my properties for years. Very good. I have consulted with him on this build and I don't feel like we are seeing eye to eye with it. I think he is a little out of his league with it.

So I need someone who can dig the foundations and build the shell. I will do the rest.

Any suggestions on where one should look and what to look for in selecting the right contractor for such a job? Maybe even some recommendations for someone in the Middlesex area?

Appreciate your input.

Sponsored Links
Since it needs building regs, is the problem your general builder doesn’t want to follows the drawings?

Sponsored Links
Bear in mind your BCO will need to do inspections and WILL require electrical certificates from a competent person / Part P cert

Cert.jpg

Yes, Napit has certfied that the installer has 'notified building control', complied with Part 4 (Supervision of Building Work Otherwise than by Local Authorities) because of 'self certification and part 7 which relates to materials and workmanship.

Yes, Napit has certified that the installer has 'notified building control', complied with Part 4 (Supervision of Building Work Otherwise than by Local Authorities) because of 'self certification and part 7 which relates to materials and workmanship.

But you still haven't shown me a 'Part P certificate' :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back