i need to get rid of mice...please help.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a flat roof over an extension, which is a kitchen and bathroom, for the past few weeks we have heard the odd noise coming from the ceiling, at first i thought it was something walking on the roof like a cat maybe, i took down a light fitting in the kitchen to put a new one up and noticed a few mouse droppings in the light, so that explains the noises,i called a pest control bloke, there is no way in to the roof from the outside or the inside apart from the rather large hole in the ceiling under the light fitting, so he put some poison in there and a bait box out side (once their dead how do i get them out of the roof?), since then there have not been much noise in the ceiling but the extactor fan in the bath room stopped working , took this apart and found a lot of white(ish)cottonwoolly type stuff and more droppings in the wall cavity.
outside round the roof there is a gutter and the part that is under this is full of holes about 20mm in diameter, i'm guessing they are breather holes for the roof, and one of these holes has the same whiteish stuff in it, i can block these up with mesh but worryed as to where the mice will go to get out as, as of yet i have no seen or heard any in the house and don't want then to try to get out this way.
sorry about the longness and boringness of this but i don't know what to do, any ideas??

Cheers, Chris

Sponsored Links
LEAVE them there its no worst than dead birds in lofts were nobody ever gose ;) see loads of dead pigons in loads of buildings . ;)

Mechanical trap just inside the whole is a safer bet, easy to clear if you kill one and no smelly dead bodies in the ceiling.The 20mm vent holes need sealing with mesh regardless of whether it will trap any in ceiling.Poison is very slow to work with mice they are not greedy like rats.

cheers for the replys, i cant get any traps up as the hole is too small, we haven't heard any mice for a few days so i think they must either be dead or started hibernating. we are decorating the bathroom after christmas so i think i will take down the ceiling as it looks like it could do with replacing and see if there are any dead ones up the

Cheers, Chris

Sponsored Links
Mice have very good sense of smell. If you stick a few of those smelly blocks you see in urinals up there and in the walls they'll soon clear off.

[im
HarryPicsNo12019.jpg
g]

GET YOURSELF ONE OF THESE. Let's face it, if you were a mouse/rat/bird/postman/fox/rotweiller would you argue with Harry The Cat? His five favourite pastimes are; 1) Eating 2) Eating 3) Eating 4) Sleeping 5) Killing things.

Harry is available for hire, or you can get one yourself for a few quid from your local animal sanctuary.
Good luck![/img]

I too have one of these ,but its female and goes by the name of Daisy .
Likewise I have never seen a mouse round my house and no cats do the do in my garden either . ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back