i need to make a 2 way switch dimmable...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 2 switches that control a ceiling light... I have a feeling that this has been wired in a cable saving method..

In each switch, I have a red, blue and yellow. Currently this allows either switch to turn the light on or off..,

Basically, I want to check that I can replace these switches with the digital master and a slave switch?

Sponsored Links
What is a digital master and a slave switch? What make, what model?

Normally you buy a dimmer switch and fit it according to the instructions and having first noted what wire goes where on your existing switches.

Note if you want to have a dimmer at both switch positions you have to buy special master & slave dimmers other wise you can only have one dimmer.

Taylortwocities: i'm guessing by "digital master and slave switch" he means a master/slave dimmer pair.

bellboy: what wiring do you have at the light fitting?

I don't see the point in the dimmer slave/master. I would just go for a standard 2 way dimmer and a standard 2 way plate switch.

Electronics go wrong, and when it does, you will no-doubt end up changing both switches. Whack in a cheap 2 way dimmer ;)

Sponsored Links
some people actually wan't control of the light level from more than one place strange as that may seem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back