2 Way Dimmer Switch

Hi chaps, Also bought this type of dimmer- just the master-even drew a diagram of old wiring. But as the dimmer does not have a common ive struggled to replace it with the same method as the previous switch where the live was 'bridged' from common, from one side of the switch to the other. I have the one side working but when i bring the live accross to the other side of the dimmer with a bit of wire the wall lights are always ON, and will not swich off- if i take the 'bridge live wire off' there is no power to that side of the dimmer and if i bridge live to the slave terminal the neither side works. Heres what ive done (on the link)- what am i doing wrong., any ideas. ( i know nothing, but getting there!) Thanks
:confused: http://www.rebmatt.co.uk/dimmer.jpg

Sponsored Links
Hi Baz, you mentioned earlier that you installed your new varilight dimmer which worked OK with the original 2 way light switch COMM, L1, L2 at the other end. How did you connect at the dimmer. I think my wiring is the same as yours was, Sleeved red live in to Comm and a black and red out from L1 and L2. I dont need dimming at the slave end and dont really want to have to install new cabling if I can help it. Appreciate any assistance as L, S and squiggle terminals dont help much

Hello david.edwards88 it is unlikley mr_baz will reply since the question to which you refer was posted in March and Mr_baz apears to have not returned since.

But to answer your question why dont you look at what mandate posted in this subject. mandate even drew a diagram

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back