Varilight Master - Slave Setup problem!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI Everyone,

I have a Varilight 2 gang-2way master dimmer in my hall and a Varilight 1gang- Slave in my landing at the top of the stairs.

I have wired the slave dimmer 'exactly' the same as the one in the hall but the light upstairs does not work, from either dimmer.

Is it possible to have this setup?

MOD

moved as posted in wrong forum

Sponsored Links
ecafisac said:
I have wired the slave dimmer 'exactly' the same as the one in the hall
Have you tried wiring it exactly as per the dimmer instructions?

delmel said:
you dont wire dimmers on both ends.

you can if it is master / slave (as poster said they have)
a while ago there were a few posts about these dimmers "not working" most turned out to be wired wrrong

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
delmel said:
you dont wire dimmers on both ends.

you can if it is master / slave (as poster said they have)
a while ago there were a few posts about these dimmers "not working" most turned out to be wired wrrong

HI, I did follow the instructions that came with it. But it seems that the 'slave'
pictured here http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/VLIQS001.html does not come on or do anything.

when I had an ordinary rocker switch on the landing instead of the slave dimmer, the varilight 2way 2 gang downstairs in the hall works okay. This is why I was asking if the slave dimmer can be used in this setup or whether it is meant to work differently?

erm a 2 way dimmer is NOT the same thing as a master dimmer.

wont work tried and failed myself, light will seem to flicker when switched on.

I had the same problem with my 2 way Master/Slave installation. I wired the two switches as on the instruction sheet, but both switches would not work. Although the master switch functioned ok on its own (1 way) , it did not work in a 2way setup. So I tried using another Master switch and worked.

ban-all-sheds meant to say, see 17

The problem was posted over 2 months ago - I doubt if he's still waiting for an answer......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back