I Pod v MP3 player???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
what is the difference?
I have an mp3 player from ' aldi' it cost a mere 27 pounds and hub has (however you do it) got a variety of songs on it for me from the computer which is great. I use it to ' encourage'.... me whilst running and well, etc etc.

boys want I pod..
what is this?

Sponsored Links
no difference really, i-pod and mp3 do essentially the sale thing. I used to like my old mp3 and easier to use but ipod is super slim and a bit of a style icon.

thank you lewyboy,
mp3 players it is then!!
as no doubt with 'style' comes great expense!!!!!!

ipod.....is an "Apple" product...so yes, their stuff tends to go on the expensive side. same thing though ;)

Sponsored Links
Don't you have to download from the apple site and pay for the tunes?

It's kind of like hoover is a type of vacuum, yet people often refer to all vacuums as hoovers.

Ipod is just a type of MP3 player.

thank you folks.. i know nothing about these things and your replies are helpful.

Depends how much you wanna pay Toffs, you can get an ipod shuffle for £50 from Jlewis which holds 240 songs ( but no screen ) or you could pay up to £240 for one which holds 20,000 songs 25,000 pics and 100 hours of video !!

Yeah, basically an Ipod is just a 'top end' mp3 player, over the type you get in aldi, it generally has a much bigger screen, a much easier to use menu system, a built in rechargeable battery, better build quality and much more storage space, some of them can play video as well.

Three versions available, shuffle, nano and video, shuffle is the small budget version without the screen (which in itself is a feature if you fall for the apple marketing ;) ), nano is the mid range one thats nice and small and uses flash memory, and video is the dirrect decentant of the original Ipod and is the top range one that plays video as well, it does however use a hard disk drive for storage because flash memory isn't available in the sort of capacities it has yet.

Just about all models are available in different capacities, of the top of my head, 1gig and 2 gig for shuffle, 4 gig and 8 gig for the nano and 30gig and 80gig for the video

Ipod has DRM support for music from Itunes, but not (I beleive) for any of the other online music download store places

iPod's can also play other formats most notably m4p which is the most common encoding of audio in the iTunes music store. Also it can play the proprietory Apple lossless format, which as it suggests is a lossless compression, leaving all the music to be clipped by the headphones :D

If you go for an ipod, I've found the perfect accessory... :LOL:

PIC-iCarta-Small.gif

Sponsored Links
Back