I see that anti-vaxxers are still not welcome with some travel insurance companies.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just took out an annual travel policy for Mrs Mottie and I and I noticed this in the covid cover section:

"IMPORTANT! If you or any traveller on this policy contracts COVID-19 and have chosen not to have the recommended vaccinations, you will not be covered for any COVID-19 related claims under cancellation, curtailment or emergency medical and repatriation expenses".

Bloody right too - why should my policy be more expensive because certain people are frightened of the jab and want flying back home?

Another bonus is that if we have medical treatment and have a GHIC, there will be no excess to pay if it’s done under the GHIC. :unsure: Weren’t we told as part of project fear that we were losing the EHIC when leaving the EU and that it wouldn’t be replaced with anything similar? As someone on here is fond of saying; Oops!:ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
have chosen not to have the recommended vaccinations,
What are they? What if you haven't had a flu, MMR, or any other recommended vaccine, are you covered for those illnesses? Usual insurance get out clause, change providers. P.S, I'm not an anti vaxxer, I have had vaccines, I just believe people should have the choice.

Sponsored Links
What are they? What if you haven't had a flu, MMR, or any other recommended vaccine, are you covered for those illnesses? Usual insurance get out clause, change providers. P.S, I'm not an anti vaxxer, I have had vaccines, I just believe people should have the choice.
Freedom to choose sure, consequence free choice no.

Just took out an annual travel policy for Mrs Mottie and I and I noticed this in the covid cover section:

"IMPORTANT! If you or any traveller on this policy contracts COVID-19 and have chosen not to have the recommended vaccinations, you will not be covered for any COVID-19 related claims under cancellation, curtailment or emergency medical and repatriation expenses".

Bloody right too - why should my policy be more expensive because certain people are frightened of the jab and want flying back home?

Another bonus is that if we have medical treatment and have a GHIC, there will be no excess to pay if it’s done under the GHIC. :unsure: Weren’t we told as part of project fear that we were losing the EHIC when leaving the EU and that it wouldn’t be replaced with anything similar? As someone on here is fond of saying; Oops!:ROFLMAO:

Your policy will not be more expensive as those who are not vaccinated will not be covered - they are covering you for your risks ie thats why the premiums is based on your risk profile.

This was the opinion people were told to have a couple of years ago - that the vaccines worked well and weren't harmful. Since then (thankfully) the debate has become more nuanced and perhaps more intelligent, although many contributions above suggest not.

It's risk vs benefit. If you're at coffin-dodging age then it probably makes sense. If younger then DYOR and make up your own mind.

Health insurance is at vastly more risk of payouts from obesity, this is where responsible people really subidise the reckless.

Your policy will not be more expensive as those who are not vaccinated will not be covered - they are covering you for your risks ie thats why the premiums is based on your risk profile.
It would be if they were covering the unvaccinated. They don’t have the option of vaccinated or unvaccinated policies. If you’re not vaccinated, you have no covid cover. Simples. Fair too, I say. (y)

I hadn't realised what GHIC stood for until just now. It means Global Health Insurance Card. But it only works in the EU. Is this government saying that, to Britain, the EU is the whole world.

As usual another jab junkie myth...

Someone it seems doesn't understand the term 'shop around' when it comes to travel insurance :rolleyes:
I thought you just relied on your EHIC? So, you do have travel insurance as well. Why, if your blessed EHIC is so f*cking good?

Just had a look at the first half dozen or so holiday insurance quotes not a single mention about the need to be vaccinated to get covid cover .

Just had a look at the first half dozen or so holiday insurance quotes not a single mention about the need to be vaccinated to get covid cover .
Can you tell me the name of those companies?

I tried a couple. One of them, I can't remember which, said you need a vaccine. LV doesn't mention it, so assuming they don't need it.

But it's a real pain to have to read through the policy just to find this stuff. I can't see most people bothering.

A bit like when we still had EHICs. A lot of insurance companies wouldn't pay medical expenses, if they would have been covered by an EHIC. So if you didn't have one, or went to a hospital that didn't accept them, you could be well and truly stuffed. But how many people actually read the policy? I wonder if it's the same with the GHIC.

Sponsored Links
Back