I see that anti-vaxxers are still not welcome with some travel insurance companies.

really got to be stupid not to be vaccinated for covid why is that then ?
3 holidays abroad so far this year 5 last year not as much as a sniffle but yeah you carry on living in fear minnion .
Had covid beginning of last year only knew i had it because it tested otherwise wouldnt have had a clue i had it
So why did you test for it if you didn't even feel unwell I wonder

Sponsored Links
So why did you test for it if you didn't even feel unwell I wonder
i have put it on here several times i had been out on new years day and several in the group i was sitting with had caught it and had text me we had been in a hall with around 500 people in it all shaking hands /cuddling /kissing etc . So both me and the mrs tested ourselves i was positive with absolutely no symptoms at all over the 9 days of testing positive . The mrs was clear then 3 days later the mrs re checked herself and she was now positive also without any symptoms . Same as many others i spoke to who had been there positive with no symptoms whatsoever .
And it was to confirm what scientists have constantly said and my curiosity the majority can have it without knowing

Weren't the lots of people having to stop off work if they had covid and it seemed to be good idea other members of the family tested themselves to see if they might have caught it off them.

It’s strange that others on the same site DONT mention it, roughly about 50/50.

Sponsored Links
Risk Vs reward. It's been done to death but COVID is much more risky than any of the vaccines.
risk really from a virus that at least 40% of people show no symptoms then another large percentage only have very minor symptoms . I bet you stay in during sunny days incase your shadow attacks you
lot less than 0.01% chance of being hospitalised with it and 0.00028 chance of ending up in icu if you catch it

Last edited:
I've emailed InsureFor to clarify their covid vaccine policy. They are underwritten by AXA (as are loads of others) - screenshot below. There is nothing specific in the policy about the covid vaccine. I don't know how up to date the info in that screenshot is, as insurers seem to swap underwriters quite often. So, it's possible some of them may be historic policies from a couple of years ago, and that particular insurer now uses a different underwriter for new policies.

ERGO are linked with Munich Re and underwrite the travel insurance for lots of brands, including big names like Esure and Staysure. These policies all seem to exclude cover if you don't get the vaccine.

I rang LV. They said you are definitely covered without the vaccine, including for medical, if you catch covid. He double checked with the medical team.

The big Spanish insurer I mentioned earlier no longer seems to be in the UK market.

1684846688482.png

Good, thanks for the info. Reassuring to hear that insurance companies aren't dictating that people have injections of drugs against their will.

Perhaps they thought about it, and realised that they may have been making themselves partly liable for someone who had side-effects after getting a jab under their orders.

Good, thanks for the info. Reassuring to hear that insurance companies aren't dictating that people have injections of drugs against their will.

Perhaps they thought about it, and realised that they may have been making themselves partly liable for someone who had side-effects after getting a jab under their orders.
What about those who had to prove they were vaccinated before getting on an aeroplane. Were the airlines partly liable for peoples side effects?

I've got no idea, probably not in the depths of a panicdemic.

But it (the panic) is over now. Covid's still around but we've finally stopped wetting ourselves about it, so we can now get back to assessing risk against reward as intelligent people have always done, instead of preaching the orders of politicians like drones.

They're the ones that have to pay out if the risk materialises so it’s up to them what terms they do business under. Nobody is forcing anybody to do anything.

Sponsored Links
Back